Sunday, February 10, 2008

Lots done on first day in house

Well, my parents and I accomplished a lot of work today at my new house.
I brought over almost all of my boxes of cds, dvds, tupperware, glasses, cooking pans, books, etc into the new house. Not put away, but away so I can get some cleaning and painting done.

The one thing I do not understand is the previous owners choice of leaving things on the wall and painting around them. They left voids in many of the rooms they painted which I will now have to redo.

We finished the three bedrooms upstairs today. They look real nice. I will go over tomorrow after work and check to see if we missed any spots in my the master bedroom. We filled all the hole marks in the other rooms preparing to paint them.

Tomorrow I will be getting some more paint for the family room. I will probably need two gallons because they have not painted that room before and the master was the same. We went through a full gallon of paint in the master while using only one gallon in the two other bedrooms combined.

I am now tired and am just going to relax the rest of the night. I cannot wait until I get all my furniture over here, but I have a lot of painting to get done in the next five days before this coming Saturday. If I feel the way I feel now on Sunday, I doubt I will be playing poker and just relax, hangout with Dave and Jamie, and play with Neil and Sammy. There would be no poker for me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What!?! No poker!?!?

Anonymous said...

We could teach Neil to play poker.

Anonymous said...

I can tell you one thing--I am not 25- or event 35 or even 45 or even 55. I sure ache from the ladder and trimming all 3 bedrooms and taping most of them. My lower back hurts, my butt hurts, my knees hurt etc etc. I am sure glad that I am out of town on Tuesday. I think Chris is going to do all but trim in the family room. Chris thinks this house is bad--we told him he should have seen John and Karen's. Heck with the paint the other home owners left, we could paint the family in let's say 3 or 4 colors and look like the one bedroom that was yellow, pink, and blue at Kugler's . The colors Chris picked out are great. We need to paint the living room and kitchen but at a later date. There won't be much furniture in the living room for awhile unless the Brownsburg thing comes through--Craigslist that is.

Mom Clark

kelmatus said...

Where are the pictures of the new house???

Kelley Kearney