Thursday, November 13, 2008

Worth the drive

I took a small pilgrimage to Moline, IL. Was it to get as far away from Ohio State football as I can since the team was playing an hour away at Northwestern? No, but it didn't hurt.
I drove the 3 hours to have a relaxing, mellow evening with the soft sounds of




They didn't disappoint. They played 5 of the new songs from new release and even adopted a laser light show ala Pink Floyd. I held my spot in the third row of the general admission crowd through the first two opening bands and about half of the Metallica show before getting tired of boxing people out who tried to get closer. I caught a guitar pick from Kirk at the end of the show and tried but failed to catch a black beach ball with the Metallica logo on it for my nephews.

Now, I have the desire to see them play again when they come back to Chicago, but am worried that they could play almost the entire setlist I just saw. They are only changing 8-9 songs out of the 18 song set. I will probably wait until the end of next summer when they should be going on tour again. Maybe, just maybe with Alice in Chains when they release their new album. Anyway, I will hopefully be seeing both bands next year either way. Enjoy the video, it is For Whom the Bell Tolls.

No comments: