Thursday, August 21, 2008

The Day that Never Comes

So far, I have listened to four - 10 seconds of snipets of the new Metallica album. The parts they have been playing have sounded pretty good, but you could pick 10 seconds out of almost any song and it would sound good. Hence the reason, iTunes only lets you get 30 seconds.

Well, today they released one song online to listen to. If you have windows media player, check it out. It is called The Day that Never Comes. It is alright. It reminds me a little of a couple songs from ...And Justice for All. There are multiple riffs going on which is more like the old stuff. The drums sound as if they are playing the same song which is nice compared to St Anger.

If you go the Myspace page, you can listen to a live version of a song called Cyanide. I listened to it, and do not worry they do not cuss so kids can listen and become fans. Then eventually I will be taking Neil, James and maybe even Sammy to see Met play. Of course, by then it will only cost $400 for four tickets and I would would need to take an advance on my salary.

4 comments:

Karen a.k.a. lady fish said...

Just because they don't cuss in the album version doesn't mean they won't be able to find a good spot for an f-bomb at a show. So, yes, you can take them to see Met when it costs $400 because by then they will have heard several f-bombs, and other choice words, in their lives.

Anonymous said...

I doubt $400 for 4 tickets is that far off in the future. I wouldn't be surprised if they are close to that this tour.

Karen a.k.a. lady fish said...

I was reading it as "$400 for one ticket, not 4 tix."

Anonymous said...

I guess $400 isn't a lot these days for a 4 tickets. I guess that is happening a lot lately. Right now the only band I would pay $400 for one ticket would only be Pink Floyd.

That is disgusting though.