Saturday, September 6, 2008

Football Season is here and with it.......


I have to deal with these guys more and more. And I have had to watch these guys talk football from the end of the Super Bowl all the way through until the season opener. Maybe not all together, but why is ESPN thinking we need to know about fantasy football players in March and who is going to win the Super Bowl in April? Seriously. Baseball season is not even a month into the seaon and they run a half hour show where they talk about the NFL and another half hour show to talk about college football. Everyday of the week during the day. Why not carry a baseball game?
It is not wonder no one is watching baseball anymore.
And, ESPN puts the baseball Hall of Fame speeches and presentations on ESPN Classic. But, the NFL gets theirs on a Saturday night or Sunday on ESPN.
I used to watch ESPN for hours when in high school and in college. But these days, I can watch PTI and maybe Around the Horn and then I have to watch something else. And I only watch these because if they are going to talk about football, I can see how long they will talk about it since they put a stop watch in the corner.

At this point I have probably made Dave angry with my commentary and Dave could be explaining to Neil how his Uncle Chris is wrong and doesn't know what he is talking about. I can see Neil telling his dad when I walk into the house, "That's your big brother, the crazy one!"

Just a thought. GO CUBS!! Baseball season is not over until the end of October, but as far as ESPN is concerned, it might as well be Spring Training at this point.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pro Football, College Football, Fantasy Football= 1/2 listening husband

Karen a.k.a. lady fish said...

sorry to hear ESPN has a different view of sports than you. It's good to hear the cubs are doing great again! I hope they win!