Monday, September 1, 2008

If the playhouse, dies..........

It dies.
My buddy came over two days ago to try to move my playhouse out of my backyard with a forklift owned by his father in law. We had the trailer, part of the fence removed, strapping, and plywood so we could keep screwing up the lawn to a minimum.
After trying for a little over an hour, the only way it seemed it would move is if we dragged along the lawn and possibly risk tearing up the lawn.
The forks were just too short (only 4 feet long) while the house was 13 feet long. It could not get the leverage needed to remove it. We were able to rotate the playhouse 45 degrees from where it sat before. Today is the day it will go bye bye, at least being torn apart. Still need to figure out where to go with all the scrap afterwards. I figure I could always throw a little away every week until it is finally gone.

1 comment:

Karen a.k.a. lady fish said...

Rocky 3 or 4, the Russian says it about Apollo Creed.
(thank you, thank you, yes, I know, I was the first to get the movie quote id'd!)