Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Long days

In the past 3 weeks, I have been working solo at night since the other schedulers have been taking vacations. And in the past two days, I have not got out of work until 4 in the morning each day. I think about everything that can go wrong, has gone wrong. It must be a baptism by fire.
It looks like we are working this weekend also which stinks. I would have prefered to work last weekend on my birthday so I could see my sister and her family on this weekend. I am waiting to see how he schedules this weekend and maybe I would see if he will work the Saturday and I can get out of Dodge.
I will say that I have done more in the first two months at this place than I would at Caravan for the remainder of the year. I have had to make more decisions without having a boss ok the decisions ala Rick. At first I was weary about this new place, but I have adapted well to how things run and how all the programs work. I do not think I would leave to go back to Caravan even if changes were made to the management personnal in Dolton.
I am about 2 weeks away from seeing Alice in Chains and Velvet Revolver. And I should be getting my tickets to see Tori Amos in Indy soon. That concert is November 2nd. I got really good seats for that show, 8 rows up on the left side of the center on the floor.

And now I am looking at houses again. For the first time in a long time, I feel as if I could see myself working here for awhile. The other places, I just never felt was the place I was destined to stay at. I would have preferred getting a job offer from a company near Indy because I think I wanted a change, but this will do just fine as well.

The only thing that is going to be tough is the fact that I am getting home from work at the time next week when I will be starting work. That is going to be a lot of fun getting use to immediately.

Spater.

No comments: