Wednesday, June 20, 2007

and vacation......

The desk is cleaned out and am back from my visit to Overland Park to see siblings and the nephews.
Neil loved seeing the jet planes take off and learned the power of donuts. I believe that kid will love pastry more than chocolate.
James eventually gets is Godfather's name right. James has more energy than me right now. He seems to almost always be in 5th gear at all times until it is time for bed and watching Caliou which is a cheap rip off of Charlie Brown.

Some bad news for concerts, Alice in Chains and Velvet Revolver will be coming to Tinley Park on a Tuesday night this summer. I really wanted to see Alice again, but I don't really want to go to that big of a venue when seeing them and I will probably be need to be up the next morning at 3 AM. I don't think that will work very well. It seems every show I want to see this year is playing during the week. What is up with that?

Thanks for hosting the family this weekend, Karen and John. It was a lot of fun and look forward to seeing you again in two weeks. I have checked the Gary Railcats schedule and they will not be in town the weekend of the 30th. Dad had a good idea too thinking we could have taken the train to the game thinking Neil would enjoy riding on that. Oh well. Maybe Neil could see his first game in Indy, or maybe a Cubs game with his tall uncle.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We could take the train to Michigan City and then have someone pick us up so Neil can ride the train.

I will have to rest up for the weekend of June 29 to keep up with the 2 boys and cooking.

Karen a.k.a. lady fish said...

we could take the train to the MC zoo! Then find an outgoing train back to cheese.