Thursday, June 21, 2007

Second time I have been quoted in Chicago Sun Times

Ok, this is awesome.
A few weeks ago, Richard Roeper wrote a column about how Zambrano always pointed to the sky after every inning pitched to thank God and some people made fun of him for it. I defended Z for it comparing all the other things that baseball players do as a habit or ritual. Like Nomar between every pitch, how he will never run between third and home or first and home after playing the field, AJ Pierzinski always doing the sign of the cross before an at bat, etc. Well, he quoted me in a rant column posted today in the Chicago Sun Times. I am awesome. The only other time I was quoted was when I corrected someone who said that the White Sox year was running so long that they would end up playing the World Series in Novewmber. I was able to write in and remind him of 2001 when 9/11 happened and Derek Jeter was nicknamed Mr. November because he hit a homerun in Game 4 midnight to win the game.
Anyway, here is today's article:
http://www.suntimes.com/news/roeper/437438,CST-NWS-roep21.article

Now I need to go buy a newspaper and have my day in the spotlight. I think this is a good day to play poker!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are a celebrity!! Maybe you should be a sports announcer since most of them in Chicago are so bad